Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baby Bump: 23 week update!

Week: 23 weeks and 3 days!! (picture was taken at exactly 23 weeks.)
Weight gain: 15+ lbs! Still haven't weighed myself...
Baby's sex: Another Team PINK!
Baby's name: We have a name that we both love but are trying to make sure it's the best one. :)  We actually had a name compete with our favorite name for a second but then we are back to our favorite again.  Once it's solid, we'll announce or we might just wait until delivery...I'm not good at keeping things like that secret so we'll see.
Sleep: I've manage to make it to bed early a couple times, which has really helped.  I've also been walking the pups in the morning and I think that has been helping me sleep more sound when I do fall asleep.  I'm still tired but not nearly as tired as I had been. YAY!
Movements: This baby likes to move a lot!  I love it!  The little kicks, punches, and rolls are so fun to feel!  It's also been great to share her movement with more people!  Grandpa got to feel her before he left!
Labor Signs:  None.
Belly Button:  I feel like it's so far out there that it's trying to escape my body!  It's a running joke in my family and a lot of people mention it.  I get that it looks like an alien trying to get out but there is nothing I can do about it. :)
Maternity Clothes: Same as last week...all maternity with some non-maternity tanks thrown in.  Been sporting the sweatpants a lot lately because I just am so uncomfortable if I don't!
Big Sister Carmen: She loves to give the baby big squeezey hugs before bed!
This past week: My belly is growing at a very fast rate!  I can tell I've reached that stage in pregnancy when my belly is just going to grow in leaps and bounds!  Several people have mentioned that they felt like I just popped one day...umm..your telling me?  I've had more lovely pregnancy symptoms lately and when I called the nurse she assured me that it's all normal.  She reminded me that every pregnancy is different and while I was able to walk every day during Carmen's that I may need to slow my walking down to a slow walk for less than 30 mins a day with this one.  I've had a lot more aches and pains recently and I know that I just need to rest my body.  I forget that even at rest my body is doing more than normal.
Next Doctor's Visit: Next apt is Dec 18th.  I had to reschedule this because of a training at work...it went from seeing one of the other OBs to seeing my least favorite again.  Please please PLEASE start praying now that I go into labor and deliver when my ABSOLUTE favorite doctor, Dr. T is on call!  She delivered Carmen and I really really really hope she delivers this next baby too.  She is the most like a midwife you will get in an OB and she was so great at supporting my birth plan and even questioning me when I decided to change it!  She is down as my primary so if for some reason I have to be induced this time than they would schedule on a day with her.  Also pray I don't have to be induced!!  Thank you in advance for those praying!! :)
Looking forward to: meeting this little girl but I'm very willing to wait until she is good and ready.  I had told myself after last pregnancy that in my mind I would make our due date a week later so that I wasn't like I was with Carmen those last couple days after her due date.  I just wanted her OUT!  With this one measuring ahead of schedule though, I'm having a hard time convincing my brain that I'll still be pregnant April 9th.  I'll be happy if we make it past April 1st and ecstatic if we at least make it past March 25th.  I might be singing a different tune when I'm so big and uncomfortable I can't stand it but for now...in my mind my goal is March 25th.

Overall, I'm enjoying being pregnant through the holiday season and so ready for some time off!  Last year, I was able to take 3 days off and get 11 days total off but with having very little vacation time left I'm only able to take one day.  I will have a 4 day weekend and then work 2 days and then a 5 day weekend...so I can't really complain. :)  Tis the season!

Thanks for reading another baby bump update!!

Happy Thursday!

PS...Don't forget to enter the Giveaway, which ends tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. If this is a duplicate, please delete. My computer is really old and tired!! Prayers as you request. She'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!