Thursday, February 28, 2013

Baby Bump: 34 week Update!


Week: 34 weeks and 3 days!  less than 6 weeks to go!!
Weight gain: 45 lbs so far...another 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks.  My belly has definitely shown this weight gain as well as my face.
Baby's sex: Team Pink! 
Baby's name: Been decided but not announcing until after birth!  Per Daddy. :)

Sleep: This is a hit or miss.  I fall asleep fine since I'm so tired but I wake up throughout the night and usually wake up around 3am or 5am.  Last night I woke up with a terrible leg cramp that had me in tears and hubby awake and massaging my leg.  Hoping to drink enough water today to avoid that again!
Movements:  She moves so much!  Her movements are now a little restricted because she's loosing room but she does a good job and stretching herself as she wishes. :)  It's fun to watch when she's moving around and you can see them on the outside.  I've tried to get video but that's when she stops...just like her sister!
Labor Signs:  Braxton Hicks contractions have started to be a daily occurrence.  Some of them have stopped me in my tracks and hurt, especially when she pushes against them. 
Maternity Clothes: I've been all about comfort!  Still loving the Blanqi support tank! I still wear a couple non-maternity t-shirts and I've started to wear some of SK's t-shirts because they are comfy and cover the belly.
Big Sister Carmen: She is doing so good.  She hugs my belly often and I've been trying to talk to her more about what's going to happen.  I just don't know if I should tell her I'll be away for a couple days. I know I want her to come visit as often as she can but I just worry about telling her things like that.  I feel it would be best not to point it out and just let it happen.  The people who would be taking care of her are all people she's familiar with and spends time with regularly so I feel it's best to just let things happen and go with the flow.  We have tentative plans on what would happen if I go into labor in the middle of the night or during the day.  Need to remind those about what the plan is but it's been discussed. :) 
Past couple weeks: I've hit my wall...I'm tired ALL the time!  Usually the beginning of the work week I'm much more energetic but by friday, it's hard to keep my eyes open.  I've been trying very hard not to plan much on weekends and let my body and mind rest.  It's helped but it's not easy when you have a toddler who still needs lots of play and stimulation.  She's been great though!
I did have a little bit of a scare last weekend.  I was cleaning and I slipped on some water and fell right onto my leg that I've already been having trouble with.  My belly hit my leg and so it wasn't a direct contact.  I called the doctor and she assured me the baby and I were ok.  I do think that Special K won't let me clean for anymore.
Doctor's Visit:  My last doctor's visit was yesterday. As I mentioned, I fell this past weekend.  I talked to the doctor about this and so she did a couple checks to see if I had any progression.  I have none so that is good.  All my vitals were good and baby's heartbeat nice and strong.
Next Doctor's Visit: March 13th with my favorite doctor!  Can't believe we are into MARCH!!! My last 2 weeks before going to weekly doctor's apts. Countdown begins!
Looking forward to: Being comfortable again.  Holding this baby girl.  Carmen meeting her sibling!
Todos: Same as 2 weeks ago...since nothing got done! Sort through Carmen's current drawers and remove any clothes she no longer fits into. BIG things that have to be done soon are to find and clean the cover on the co-sleeper/pack-n-play and the carseat.  Look into getting a rock n play sleeper and a Baby K'tan.
Overall,  I am tired and somewhat ready to be done.  I don't want babygirl here yet as I really know she needs at least another month of baking in there.  People, strangers, family, and friends alike, seem to comment more and more on my belly which I didn't think was possible.  I'm just going with the flow on that one.  Babygirl has moved her bum off my back so my back pain as decreased a lot.  I'm still waddling a ton and have some pains but not nearly as much as I did have.  This has been good for my mental state.  I feel so blessed to have made it this far and looking forward to the next couple weeks of what as Special K says is my last pregnancy so I'm working on enjoying it as well as Carmen's last weeks as an only child.  Trying to focus on the positives!

Thanks for reading another baby bump update!!

Happy Wednesday!  

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!